Acceptable Use Policy
Welcome to Pointe Wireless. By using our services you agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions stated.
Pointe Wireless does support the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet. We do not monitor or exercise editorial control over the content of any website, electronic mail transmissions, mailing list, news groups, or ANY other material created or ANY material accessible over our services provided. However, we reserve the right to remove any materials that in our sole discretion, are potentially illegal, may subject us to liability, or be in violation of this Acceptable Use Policy. Violation of this policy may result in suspension or cancellation of all services rendered from Pointe Wireless. We reserve the right to change any and/or all terms and conditions without any prior notice.
The following are violations:
1. Using our services for illegal activities or purposes. Internet Service Providers are now required by law to cooperate with authorities in the investigations of suspected crimes committed while using our services. These investigations may or may not be in dealing with the injured third parties. Activities that are illegal and prohibited include, but are not limited to: Unauthorized copying or the sharing of copyrighted material including but not limited to: digitalization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, CDs, DVDs, music, videos, movies or any other copyrighted material or sources including software per the Federal law known as "The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998."
2. Posting or emailing of scams or get rich quick schemes, pyramid type or chain letters, subscribing others to a mailing list without their prior consent or knowledge or approval.
3. Threatening of bodily harm or the threat of property damage to groups or individuals.
4. Making or taking part in fraudulent offers or products, items or services originating from your account .
5. Attempting to access accounts of anyone other than your own, attempting to penetrate ("hacking") any and all security measures of anyone, whether or not the intrusion results in data corruption or loss.
6. The unauthorized use of a persons name or likeness.
7. Harassing others by "mail-bombs". Mail bombing is here defined as the sending of more than 10 like messages to the same address or by the sending of more than 10 MB of data to a newsgroup.
8. The sending of unsolicited email messages where the recipient objects to the content of the material sent.
9. NO SPAMMING IS ALLOWED. ANYONE SENDING MASS MAILED MESSAGES TO MORE THAN 5 RECIPENTS COULD BE CONSIDERED SPAMMERS BY YOUR EMAIL PROVIDER AND YOU COULD LOSE ALL RIGHTS TO THE SERVICES OFFERED HERE AND YOU COULD BE SUBJECTED TO A FINE. Spamming is defined as sending unwanted, unsolicited email to those who have not requested or invited the message. The Offender(s) also agree to pay any and all fines, damages, legal costs or other fees involved with the apprehension and investigations of such activities.
10. No repetitive, persistent or consistent "pinging" on any scheduled or fixed rate of time without our expressed written permission. No port scanning of the network is allowed.
11. The services sold & provided by us are designed and sold as "personal" and / or basic business Internet connections. You may NOT run a server or server program of ANY kind without our written permission. Examples of servers include but are not limited to: mail, ftp, http, irc, dhcp and interactive multi-user forums. NO RESELLING of internet connectivity. Anyone that is caught reselling or sharing their connection without our written permission will have their service terminated and or may be formally charged on all accounts and will be subject to prosecution to the fullest extent provided by law.
12. Modification of customer premise routers programming is a violation. The programming of customer premise routers is to our specifications for security reasons. You agree to not modify or change this programming, including but not limited to no port forwarding and or port triggering.
13. Any attempts to circumvent the security settings of the DNS servers is also a violation.
14. Allowing any of your neighbors to connect to your WIFI without our written permission is a criminal theft of services violation. Connecting to your neighbors WIFI without our written permission is also a criminal theft of services violation. Both of which will be subject to prosecution to the fullest extent provided by law.
1. "Always On" is our goal and it is also our slogan. This in no way means the ability to achieve service to the web in an unlimited and always available connection. In no way or implication does Pointe Wireless guarantee or offer to deliver for the residential or business connections an unlimited amount of data transfer for a basic monthly price. Bandwidth is metered as is Gasoline, Electricity and Water - therefore it should be conserved as such.
2. ALL USERS MUST ENSURE THAT THEIR ACTIVITIES DO NOT RESRICT, INHIBIT OR DEGRADE ANY OTHER CLIENT, NOR BURDEN THE NETWORK. P2P FILE SHARING AND PROGRAMS SUCH AS BIT TORRENT ARE EXAMPLES OF ACTIVITIES THAT OVER BURDEN THE NETWORK AND ARE CONSIDERED A VIOLATION AT THIS TIME WITHOUT OUR EXPRESSED WRITTEN PERMISSION. THIS CALL IS AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION.3. VoIP Internet Telephone (non-video) usage is permitted, as of 5/1/2010.
4. Internet Video Camera usage is now available in some areas as of 3/1/2011 and REQUIRES upgraded service equipment with new pricing before doing so. Interested parties may contact us for further details.
5. Downloading or streaming large videos such as movies, television shows, etc. is now available as of 3/1/2011 in some areas and REQUIRES upgraded service equipment with new pricing before doing so. Interested parties may contact us for further details.